We need an experienced commercial loan assistant
Coordinates the preparation of loan documents for closing consumer, commercial, and real estate loans to ensure full compliance and quality of documentation for funding. Works with lending officer(s) to request and gather information required for consumer and commercial loan applications, and for ongoing monitoring of existing loans. Extensive contact with customers and the public both in person and on the phone.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer incoming telephone calls, resolve customer inquiries within prescribed authority, and when necessary directing calls to the appropriate loan officer or department.
- Serves as primary contact and provides administrative assistance to commercial loan officer(s).
- Obtains information related to the commercial and consumer loan process including: ordering appraisals, environmental reports, credit reports, title commitments, flood certifications, processing draw requests, UCC searches, reviewing of loan documents prior to closing to ensure all approval conditions and requirements are accurate and complete, ensure that all regulatory and bank policies are followed on all applications, modification and renewals.
- Completes clerical tasks such as filing, photocopying, faxing documents, and scanning documents as needed
- Assist lending officers in the preparation of pre-funding worksheets, loan documentation checklists and any other communications necessary to properly submit a loan package to the Loan Processing and Funding
- Create and maintains credit and collateral files
- Prepares appropriate loan disbursement entries (cashier’s checks, deposit, wire transfer, etc.) for loan closings, and the booking of commercial loans to the company’s core software.
- Other duties as required